Your smile is often the first thing people notice about you. When you are worried about cracked or chipped teeth, stains, misalignment, or gaps between your teeth, you may self-conscious and uneasy in social situations, and you may even avoid smiling altogether. The placement of porcelain veneers is one of the quickest and most effective cosmetic dentistry procedures to correct your teeth and give you the smile you want.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A porcelain veneer is a thin, tooth-colored shell placed on the front of the tooth to conceal any aesthetic flaws compromising its appearance. Veneers can address a number of issues, such as:
- Gaps between the teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Worn teeth
- Misshapen teeth
Do Veneers Look Natural?
Porcelain veneers are crafted to be virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth. Veneers are customized to ensure the perfect color and shape so the only thing people will notice is your attractive smile, not your dental work.
Many patients who wish to rejuvenate their smiles without investing in time-consuming treatments prefer veneers.
Will My Veneers Last?
Clearwater Dentistry uses only the most advanced, high-tech materials so you can feel confident both in your appearance and in knowing that your veneers are durable and long-lasting.
Clearwater Dentistry is pleased to offer the option of LUMINEERS® to our patients in the Palm Harbor and Largo areas. Lumineers® are porcelain veneers that are approximately as thin as a contact lens. Patients often prefer Lumineers® because they are so thin that they require very minimal or no removal of the underlying tooth structure.
What to Expect
Dr. Krueger will carefully evaluate your teeth during your initial consultation. During this consultation, Dr. Krueger will help you decide whether porcelain veneers will enable you to achieve the results you are looking for. Once you decide to move forward with veneers, your treatment generally involves two office visits and includes the following steps:
- X-rays and/or impressions of the teeth
- Determination of veneer color
- Removal of a small amount of tooth enamel to allow space for the veneers
- Placement of temporary veneers
- Preparation of teeth for the bonding of the veneers
- Final adjustments to the veneers
Porcelain veneers generally take about three weeks to come back from the lab; however, you may request a quicker turnaround time (an additional fee may apply).
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are customized to the needs and goals of the individual patient, so you can feel confident knowing your new teeth will look natural. Other benefits include:
- Stain-resistance - Veneers are far more resistant to discoloration (such as coffee stains) than natural tooth enamel.
- Whitening - If your teeth are difficult to whiten, veneers provide instant improvement, as you and your dentist can choose the color.
- Convenience - Veneers are a great alternative to more invasive and time-consuming dental procedures.
If you would like to learn more about porcelain veneers, please contact us today to set up a consultation.