Dental implants are considered the highest standard in restorative care, providing a secure foundation for replacing lost or damaged teeth with custom-made crowns, bridges, and dentures. You can experience a range of life-changing benefits from undergoing this treatment. Dr. John P. Krueger can explain the various benefits of dental implants when you come in for a consultation at our Palm Harbor, FL-area practice.
Why Choose Implant-supported Restorations?
Dental implants can be used to attach full or partial dentures, crowns, and bridges. The biggest benefit of implant-supported restorations is that they can prevent jawbone atrophy and maintain the health of your smile for years to come. Because natural tooth roots stimulate bone growth, it is common to experience jawbone deterioration after losing your teeth. The empty gaps in your smile can also lead to additional health issues, such as shifting and loosening of the surrounding teeth. Implants are the only dental restoration treatment that can preserve and stimulate your jawbone, which helps prevent further bone loss.
Improving Your Quality of Life
Implants-supported restorations offer several other benefits over traditional restorations, including:
- Dental implants are titanium posts that replace lost tooth roots, and can secure restorations such as a bridge without sacrificing healthy dental enamel of your surrounding teeth.
- Dental implants provide a stable foundation for your replacement teeth, allowing you to enjoy your favorite, nutritious foods.
- Implant-restored prosthetics can be cared for just like your natural teeth. You will only need to visit Clearwater Dentistry for regular biannual checkups, as well as practice good at-home oral care to prolong the life of your replacement teeth.
- With proper dental hygiene, implants can last for decades, providing lasting, improved health for your smile.
Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that preserves and stimulates your jawbone, which helps prevent further bone loss.
- Implants support natural-looking prosthetics which blend seamlessly with your smile. Implant-supported dentures will no longer require large plastic bases or visible metal clips for support.
- Tooth loss and the resulting jawbone degeneration can lead to a sunken appearance, making you look older than you are. Dental implants can help retain the natural look and shape of your facial features.
- Dental implants provide permanent, fixed support for restorations, so you can enjoy life without the fear of your replacement teeth slipping, making a clicking sound, or falling out when you talk, eat or laugh.
- Adjusting to traditional dentures can affect your speech, and make you struggle in pronouncing everyday words. Implant-supported restorations act like your natural teeth, and will not affect your ability to enunciate clearly.
- This treatment has a proven track record of reliable and successful outcomes, and is considered by dentists to be more predictable and beneficial than other restorative treatments to replace missing teeth.
Invest in Your Smile
When you come in for your initial consultation, Dr. Krueger can determine if this treatment is suitable for you, as well as explain the various financing options our practice offers to place this life-changing treatment within your budget. Contact us to schedule your consultation.